I'm Karl Shanahan and I run Clarity Counselling & Therapy Services.
I was diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress 20 years ago and I have tread the same ground as a lot of people who have suffered from anxiety, anger, under confidence, frustration and depression. I was aware of the lack of understanding of how I ‘felt’ and not really understanding why I felt the way I did, more importantly not having the tools to support me through what I was experiencing gave me the feeling of hopelessness that there was no end to the way I felt.
Clarity Counselling is the result of my own journey to understand mental health and help others to regain their own wellbeing.
Qualifications & Experience
- 25 Years with Her Majesty's Forces
- Advanced Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy and Counselling
- Professional Diploma in Psychotherapy
- Stress and Resilience Practitioner
- Skilled in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
- NLP Practitioner
I am fully insured to practice and a member of the National Counselling Society and National Hypnotherapy Society.